CLAIMS SETTLEMENT- PROPERTY DAMAGES
Necessary actions and documents in case of damage to property
1. Mechanism of action in the event of an insurance event
Upon occurrence of an insurance event, the insured shall:
– Immediately upon occurrence or knowledge to notify the competent authorities/ fire and emergency safety office, The Interior Ministry, etc./
– In case of risk of burglary within 24 hours of learning to notify the Insurer in writing by completing a notice of damage
– In case of occurrence of risks other than burglary within 3 working days to notify the Insurer in writing by completing a notice of damage
– To carry out the necessary actions to limit the damage
– Do not change the condition of the damaged property without the permission of the Insurer
– The damages are established by the examination, description and evaluation of representatives of the Insurer in the presence of the Insured or his representative
2. Documents issued by the competent authorities to prove damage to property
– In case of fire-service note from Fire Brigade, official note from the police in case of established or suspected intent
– In case of malicious arson, malicious detonation- official note from the police /prosecutor’s decree/
– In case of malicious actions of third parties / vandalism /- official note from the police/ prosecutor’s decree/
– In case of burglary and robbery – official note from the police/ prosecutor’s decree/
– in case of car accidend: a protocol for the accident by the Traffic Police
– In case of heavy rain- official report from the Regional Hydrometeorological Service for information about a fallen minimum rainfall of 1 sq.m.
– In case of flooding – certificate of civil protection, official report from the Regional Hydrometeorological Service for information about a fallen minimum rainfall of 1 sq.m.
– In case of lightning strike- official report from the regional hydrometeorological service on the presence of a thunderstorm in the respective area
– In the case of earthquake-official reference from “Sesmologic Institute of BAS”
– In case of surge, induction of electricity in the transmission network-official note from “Electricity company”
– Other documents – accounting reports, invoices, protocols, reports, etc.
Balkan Insurance Broker offers its clients additional services in connection with possible damage to the insured property, namely:
– Participation of our specialists in the inspection of the damaged property;
– Preparation of documents for liquidation of the property;
– Movement of the documents for payment of the compensation, etc.